The vision and values of Hauraki Plains College are represented in our River charter which uses the enduring features of the Hauraki cultural and environmental landscape to symbolise the aspirations of our young people.
The central metaphor, the river flowing out to the widening sea, represents our core purpose: to prepare students for life and work in the 21st century as lifelong and life-wise learners and contributing citizens. Developing character, competencies and a sense of community provide the framework for the aspirations we hold for our young people. Within this framework we endeavour to be guided by the following core values:
- Doing our Best Work: Working hard, digging it in when the going gets tough, and not giving up.
- Doing the Right Thing: The Hauraki Way challenges us to do the right thing even if it is the hard thing.
- Flat Out and Loving It: Giving things a go, getting involved, participating and contributing.
- Being Who We Are: Developing one’s own talents and aspirations while appreciating the unique talents and interests of others.
- Leaving a Legacy: Seeking to make a difference.
- Daring to Dream: Going after big goals and pursuing a purposeful career direction, aiming to go higher and further than what we think possible.
- Honouring our Heritage: Appreciating our unique identity as Hauraki and as New Zealanders, understanding our place in the world.
- Each for All: Our school motto and watermark which permeates everything we do, being and standing together as a school community.
- Excellence is our Tradition: Becoming our ‘best selves’, striving for, challenging and supporting excellence in all we are and do.