Counselling & Support Service:
The Counselling and Support Team, including a registered counsellor (NZAC), a registered social worker (ANZASW), Deans and River Guides, ensures that every student has access to pastoral support.
Counselling is available via our counsellor and social worker for students who may require support with the following issues:
- Feeling anxious , sad or overwhelmed
- Struggling with friend relationships
- Communication difficulties - having a voice / being heard
- Bullying / cyber-bullying
- Family / Whānau issues at home
- Adolescent / teenage related problems / issues
Parents / Caregivers / Whānau are encouraged to contact the Counselling & Support Service if they have any concerns related to their child's wellbeing journey at Hauraki Plains College.
- Michelle Jones: email@example.com
- Paula Maxwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Medical Services:
A free medical service is available to students on site for an hour each Tuesday. All students have access to this service. A Public Health Nurse also is available at this time. Students are required to make appointments through the Student Centre.