Kia ora mai tātou,
Ngā mihi ki a tātou.
Thank you for showing interest in our school. We can’t wait to meet you.
Here at Hauraki Plains College, excellence IS our tradition. When we talk about excellence, it is more than NCEA excellence. Excellence means different things to different people. It could be:
- Moving through the trades and into a vocational pathway beyond school
- Being exceptional at sports and representing HPC and our community
- Supporting local organisations that look after our most vulnerable people
- Gaining a scholarship from Auckland University and a place in Engineering
- Connecting to whakapapa and understanding more about Ngati Hako
- Being awesome at the drums and entering the Rockquest
- Being a ‘seeker’ in our Hub, and supporting others with the services the Hub offers our students
Celebrating success is important to us at Hauraki Plains College. We want all our young people to walk across life's stage with dignity, purpose and options. We look forward to finding out more about the aspirations you have for your student and how you view excellence.
We are entering an exciting period of change in education, culminating with a new curriculum to be released across New Zealand in 2026. Our school is built on strong traditions and values, and we will hold these close as we make decisions to take our school and learning forward. “Ka muri, ka muri” - we walk backwards into our future.
Developing a culture of care is important to us. We have River Guides who will be your students’ champion for their 5 years at Hauraki Plains College. The River Guide will support, mentor and be your students’ biggest cheerleader. History shows us that educational outcomes are improved when students have a significant adult supporting their learning and growth. Looking after each other is just as important as caring for oneself. We aim to be part of a school community where people care for one another and lift each other up. Being excellent ourselves is a start, but to take the next step and enhance the mana of others is what will really transform our community and country. Hauraki Plains College is truly ‘More Than a School’.
We welcome your support.
Ko te amorangi ki mua, ko te hapai o ki muri.
Principal | Tumuaki