A Parent Forum takes place each term and provides an opportunity for parents and whanau to meet with the Principal, staff and BOT. Each parent forum has a specific focus, for example:
- Year 9 Meet and Greet
- Year 11 NCEA Information Evening
- Learning about college strategic direction and initiatives
- Discussion about issues or concerns by parents / whanau
- Feedback on college practices and policies
The Student Council is made up of elected representatives from each River group. The Student Council encourages students to discuss issues and provide feedback to the Principal and Boards of Trustees.
The Sports Executive has three main tasks:
- Promote student participation in co-curricular sports
- Decide direction and policy related to sports
- Enhance sporting opportunities and achievement at HPC
Haurakian Charitable Trust:
The Haurakian Charitable Trust has been established to support the continuing development of the college by providing cultural, recreational and educational opportunities and resources. To date the Trust has purchased a farm, built the Centennial Centre, purchased the Lodge as a performing art space, as well as assisting with financial contributions to the college.
The Haurakians exists to keep past pupils, staff and community connected to the college. Regular newsletters ensures up to date information is available.
Snow Douglas Trust Fund Scholarships:
The Snow Douglas Trust is available for students to apply for support for developing sporting, cultural, academic and service at Hauraki Plains College.