Junior Hubs: Learning at Years 9 and 10
At Junior level, students are organised into Learning Hubs in six main learning areas:
- English and Humanities
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Hauora (Health and Physical Education)
- The Arts (Art, Drama, Music, Dance, Media)
- Technologies (Digital, Food, Metal, Wood, Design & Visual Communications, Building and Construction, Hospitality)
Other options offered include:
- Languages (Te Reo, Spanish, Japanese)
- Primary Industries
- Enterprise and Business
Junior Certificate (Yr9) and Diploma (Yr10) of Learning
The Year 9 Certificate of Learning and Year 10 Diploma of Learning are designed to encourage students to do their best work and maintain a positive focus on their learning.
Students are working at a level that is intended to be challenging but attainable. Most students at Year 9 are working at Curriculum Level 4 and most students at Year 10 are working at Curriculum Level 5.
Students are able to achieve the Certificate with a Merit (Grade Point Average of 75 - 84) or an Excellence (Grade Point Average 85 to 100) endorsement.
Each term students can earn up to 20 credits in each learning area ie 100 credits per term.
Credits are awarded for capabilities:
- Curriculum tasks related to the learning (knowledge and skills)
- Generic Capabilities (Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Creativity, Character, Citizenship)
To achieve the Junior Certificate and Diploma students must:
- have at least 90% attendance
- have a 90% work completion rate
- be achieving their learning process grades with achieved or more